Matt Belgrano Postcard [Series III, IV, V]

Amongst the bric-à-brac decorating the oyster white studded rubber flooring that lines Lister's bunk in Series III, IV, and V, is a single, striking postcard I initially thought could be Cuddly Kenny Everett's Sid Snot in a glorious cross-comedy cameo. However, as Reality would have it, I was mistaken. Heh, that old chestnut.

This discovery came about via an entirely unrelated search for another postcard. The seller's store front advertised a Blackpool gift shop window's worth of envelope-free communiqués, and just as I was about to give-up scrolling through many dozens of varied listings, this one suddenly and unexpectedly appeared. Add To Basket, Checkout, Thank-you, Goodnight.

But who is this enigmatic figure? Well, I understand his name is Matt Belgrano. Despite this chap being very much of my era (mid-80s), aside from the fact that he had/has a very impressive haircut, I'm ashamed to say I know very little about him. I gather, he was a Punk model, and singer, best-known for a series of London-themed postcards. Presumably, this is one of them. Anyway, Lister seems to be a fan, and that's what matters.

The bunk-room, let alone the top bunk itself, barely features between Series IV-V, but from what I can make out, it seems as though this particular example of set dressing remained, more or less, in situ from Series III-onwards. Dimensions are 105 x 147mm.

Comments